Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's Underneath The Clothes, Brooke Davis?

I love One Tree Hill, no ifs, ands or buts about it. It can be insane, I occasionally find myself thinking "this is a terrible episode" and yet some music (or Chris Keller) always comes along and redeems the show. Or they do a really fascinating episode that plays with the television medium in a suprisingly effective way and I'm drawn back in. For the music (and fabulous episodes like "With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept" or "Pictures of You"), I put up with ghosts, crazy Nanny Carrie, terrible 1940s episodes and a distinct lack of Naley sexiness.

Well, all that and Brooke Davis. I could spend an awful lot of words pontificating on Brooke's journey from slutty nasty cheerleader to world-renowned-fashion designer confronting-her-attacker strong woman, but let's save that for another day. That being said, I'm watching through Season Six on dvd right now and how glad am I that Brooke saved herself from Jack's brother rather than Julian saving her?

Anyway. A big part of Season Five was Owen's quip: "What's underneath the clothes, Brooke Davis?". And I had my very own "What's underneath the clothes, Brooke Davis?" moment at a Haiti fundraiser last Thursday night. Being not a fashion designer but an actress, however, my version was "This is the first time that I've seen you not putting on a performance, Erin {Artistic Mind}."

I don't think we'll be following the rest of the season arc, though, so don't expect me to show up naked in the backseat of his car any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment