Friday, July 2, 2010

OwiePants.

Today was arguably my last day off of the summer - camp starts on Monday so I'll be consistently thinking about it over my next eight weekends and this weekend I've got some family commitments to honour in Pigeon Lake, Alberta. So what did I spend my last day off doing?

Soaking my fingertips in acetone to get my gel nails off with minimal damage to my natural nails underneath. I started at about 1 pm and, minus a 40 minute jaunt to Community Natural Foods to pick up some sunflower seed butter so I can enjoy some favourites at camp without endangering tiny children's lives, I did it straight through until about 9:30 pm.

Yes. Eight and a half hours. Don't believe anyone who tries to tell you that at home removal is an easy option. The only bonus is that they didn't get pried off and take layers of my real nail with them.

Somehow I'm not all dried out but I'm not looking to repeat this process in the future. My nail biting habit better have gotten conquered during the time they were on.

No comments:

Post a Comment