Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Goodbyes?

I'm officially back in the closest thing I have to a hometown, sitting on my parents' couch with no job or money. Yet. However, it is not yet 9 am and I have been up for a significant amount of time and I'm sure that this is a sign that my go-to-it-ness will be paying off sooner rather than later!

Or something. Sigh. I just want to do plays. But I suppose food and shelter is important too, so something better fall into place. Like that reference letter I'm waiting for arriving in the mail.

Anyway. I've been thinking about goodbyes and the fact that I'm not sure I really gave anywhere a proper goodbye while flying out of Ontario. Every time I've left a place so far this year - and I've left a lot, living in a different place each month - I've been coming back. Even with Stratford, there was still a coming back. Sure, I packed up my car and locked up apartments/houses/bedrooms behind me each time... but there was still a sense that I would return. Maybe it hasn't fully sunk in yet.

I'm not very good at letting things go. For someone who moved as much as I did, I should be better. But I think things over, replay conversations in my head to figure out what I should have said differently, contact people probably after I should. I'm sure this isn't unique to me and everyone does it. Though. If there's anyone out there who is able to have an experience and just move on, I'd love to know how you do it. Which sounds abundantly sarcasm in print, but I actually mean earnestly and wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment