Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blogging Failure

Can we even talk about how long it has been since I wrote an entry? Gross.

I could make the argument that I've been busy living life, having theatre company meetings, prepping for auditions, obsessing about classical theatre, taking last minute trips to Kimberley BC with my mom, reading somewhat disquieting opinion pieces, planning a trip to Ontario with my dear friend... all of which is true. But how long, really does it take to write a blog post?

Not long. That's how long.

For all my obsession about classical theatre, I haven't even reflected on my time in Stratford yet!

I think I don't much like my layout. I want one that has a longer text area so that my entries don't require so much scrolling to read (it makes me leery to post anything remotely insightful or in decent length paragraphs) and that reflects me a bit more. Perhaps I could use a picture of my own. Maybe a picture from Stratford. I obviously need to learn how to website design or get someone to develop a layout for me or something and that will make me want to write more.

I also bought a paper journal today. It is beautiful and purple. My brother told me that it looked like it would taste delicious if it were food. I miss writing all the time... but having a paper journal also gives me serious PTSD as I recall being 15 and what "diaries" stood for and were used for at the time. So hopefully it being lovely will make me want to write in that as well.

Also, my dog sprained his elbow. It is just as sad and annoying as you would think it would be. The dumbo won't let us ice his elbow so it is not healing as fast as it should.

Real, good thoughts to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Well, compared to me you are a blogging success! I have a million started blogs with a whole 2 entries in them. :)

    But I have started to pick up paper journaling and it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the blogging absence: My friend has a badge on her blog that reads "Blogging without obligation" And here's the concept http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233 I quite like it. It makes me feel better about long absences. I hope your dog feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete