I am very tired. So very tired. So exhausted. Granted, this is my own fault for choosing to barely sleep over the past two days, so I suppose I can't really say anything. And it is too early to go to bed. So I blog.
Lately, I've been trying to really round out and expand my life slash choices. And my art. Just really improve and love myself, as cheesy as that may sound. That, and embracing my inner awesome-ness. And ignoring the fact that my brother told me that I apparently shouldn't call myself awesome. He says that if it's true, people'll figure it out.
Whatever. I'm awesome.
Awesome and very amused by so many things happening around me lately.
For instance, yesterday I won a $5000 scholarship to a "college of the Fine Arts" in Vancouver (on Hastings!) at the Taboo Sex Show. Of course I did. Claire and I were being sarcastic about how we had to pee while we were watching pole dancers but we'd wait for the drawing and "after we won" we'd go to the bathroom. And then our sarcasm was only rewarded with me actually winning. The people from the college were obviously not used to the people who won actually being there during the drawings because they just sort of awkwardly handed me a picture from with an ad for the drawing and said congrats a few times. Awesome.
The day before yesterday, Claire and I got massages that made us drunk. And then we threw up. But not together because that would be weird. The vomiting, I mean. Double awesome.
Also, the day before yesterday I closed a really amazing show that I created from the ground up with a group of really amazing people. I am just so proud of it and them and myself. It was precisely what I needed to remind myself that theatre is what I want in my life.
And that I'm willing to sacrifice things to do it.
I think it was really important to have that reminder. And to know that I should be aware of knowing what I want in all areas of my life. I think I may have lots sight of that in recent events. But theatre? I'll work 11 days of 12 hour shifts in a row and then take a week's "vacation" so I can work in the theatre in order to do a play, for sure. That's something I know that I love. Triple awesome.
Additionally, this is what I look like when I act:

In other news, I'm currently in the GTA for work right now and today I totally found my hotel by instinct. My GPS was having trouble contacting the satellite so I just drove out of the airport in the direction I thought it probably was and I found it!
And that is why I consider Ontario to be my second home.
Sigh. I love life right now.
(Note: The original incarnation of this entry was better. I will learn for tomorrow.)
No comments:
Post a Comment